AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tiling a rented farm. 120’ vs 80’ vs splitting 120’ later
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 3/12/2020 09:12 (#8098360 - in reply to #8098059)
Subject: RE: Yield and tile maps

Sanilac Co. Michigan
mafrif - 3/12/2020 07:37

I would do the 120' and walk it every spring and find the areas its still wet in between the tiles and split those areas.

I can't believe how  some on here can't figure out how tiling rented ground is a good deal.  In your example it was 45 bu/ac*$4.  $180 a year.  At 120' centers that would be a payback of 3 years, 60' 5-6 years, and that doesn't include how much easier it is to farm, can easily reduce tillage, less compaction, etc... saving even more cost.  

It's not a matter of figuring it out, that part is clear as day. It's a matter of not losing your investment before it can be recouped!

See, "here" anyway, 120' latterals would be a joke. 40" usually does the trick, but tighter spacing is often required. That kind of financial outlay takes more than a little chump change to accomplish. Three year lease agreements won't work real well. We need to talk about far longer terms, probably 10 years, and getting that kind of commitment out of your landlords just isn't all that simple.

There's just a whole lot more to the picture than just painting a little tile in. I can think of more than a few landlords that really don't care much about your long term plans beyond them getting the rent on time and really don't care what your expenses are. See, not every place is an I state.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)