AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Updating a PF Advantage to a Insight yield monitor.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/11/2020 13:07 (#8096266 - in reply to #8095886)
Subject: RE: Updating a PF Advantage to a Insight yield monitor.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am assuming that you will be getting all the CAN modules along with the Insight as they will be required. There would be three black boxes (modules). One is the mass flow sensor in the top of the clean grain elevator. Another is the moisture module which mounts on the side of the clean grain elevator and is connected to the moisture sensor. The third works with header height, elevator speed and ground speed.

I think the CAN moisture sensor will be fine since the CAN module is external to the sensor. The moisture sensor itself is not CAN but connects to a CAN module. A greater concern might be the mass flow sensor in the top of the clean grain elevator. Ag Leader used to support a reconfiguration when a person traded combines. I heard the other day they no longer do this and a person needs to buy the other style outright. Maybe in your case, the sensor/module is the same and will bolt right in.

I moved my Insight and these modules from a 9650STS to a 9770 STS a couple of years ago. I had to change the ends on the elevator speed and ground speed connectors. I did have to have Ag Leader rework my mass flow sensor.

Edited by tedbear 3/12/2020 07:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)