AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader guidance lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/10/2020 08:22 (#8093418 - in reply to #8093254)
Subject: Sharing Ag Leader AB lines

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Several of our fields no longer have a line fence like in the old days. These are generally marked with a post or marker on each end. I have gone to many of these field with just the planting tractor to mark the property lines themselves. I back up to the post on one end, set the "A" point and then drive to the other end and set the "B" point. I save this line with an appropriate name.

When I perform an operation along the edge I will choose this line and shift over half the width of my current implement. Since two of my neighbors also use Ag Leader equipment for steering, I have shared the common property lines with them.

I shift my first pass half the implement width toward my land and they shift their first pass half their implement width their way. Sometimes we add a small bit to the shift factor. This has worked out well.

Here's another trick. Ag Leader associates an AB line with a field which is generally very helpful. This means that you will only "see" the lines for the field you are working in. Sometimes it is desirable to use an AB line from an adjoining field. With the InCommand 1200 this is possible by checking the box to "show all lines". This allows you to choose an AB line that is associated with another field. The rub is picking the correct one - that's where a good line naming scheme is useful.

With the Insight display it was not possible to just "show all lines". The trick I used was export the desired line to the memory card. Then turn around and import it back to the same Insight but in the desired field. Then that particular AB line was available in both fields. This could be done with the InCommand as well but is unnecessary. I believe the Integra is like the InCommand in this respect.

Edited by tedbear 3/10/2020 08:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)