AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BTO crash and burns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Monsatan
Posted 3/19/2009 02:12 (#649163 - in reply to #649160)
Subject: Really?

Low margin? Where? 204 bu corn @$5.57 = $1136 gross on $411 of expenses. $725 / profit take that times 40 acres. Holy crap, $29,000 I think my part time neighbor made way too much money last year for the 3 days of labor he put in. That's not fair he made $9,666 / day. That's more than I make per day! You smaller guys make more than I do per day!

I did work off the farm after college for 10 years because my dad made me. He didn't have the opportunity to go and thought alot like you, get a good job in town..... He told me that I would gain contacts and learn way more than I would from him and it wouldn't hurt to make mistakes on someone else's dime. You really don't get it do you? If I have a problem I ask for help from my list of contacts. I learned from my mistakes. Sitting by a desk to get a paycheck gets you $75K plus bonuses, the part time farmer made 29K last year working 3 days. NET WORTH my friend, NET WORTH. The challenge, the adrenaline, the rush, the push, the stress, and the love of the farm is why I do it. Yes, I do operate all machinery, I am night shift, you don't see me cause' your sleeping, I choose not to. You claiming that a BTO can't love to farm shows your ignorance. Go get a job in town and try to satisfy a group of farmers for 10 years and you'll get more respect from me, I couldn't do it. I feel like I'm on vacation everyday of the year now.

Plowboy is gonna laugh his arse off about machinery operation.

Think what you want, I don't care. By the way, I have no hobbies, not golf, not fishing, I consider mowing road ditches and spraying fence lines as fun, thus a JD utility tractor. I have no harley. I take 2 vacations every year for 4 days each with my family. The rest is farming, period. As I reply to this at 1:30 am I am working on farm specific Break Evens, and "I don't love farming"....ha.ha..ha. Sharpening the pencil even more.

EDIT>
Free 1 time only just for you, everyone close your eyes, call these guys on fertilizer, do yourself a favor, please, I want to see you succeed also.

Hefty Seed Co.
Baltic, SD 57003
FAX: 605-529-5485
PHONE: 605-529-5412
TOLL FREE LINE:
1-800-274-3389

Ask them for fertilizer wholesale. I just think some are too proud to ask. You can probably save 200+ / ton off the MAP price you quoted earlier.

Edited by Monsatan 3/19/2009 22:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)