AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BTO crash and burns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Monsatan
Posted 3/19/2009 00:12 (#649108 - in reply to #649074)
Subject: Mined Soil? BTO..'s and Vampid rumors

Why does every BTO mine the soil? I am beginning to think it's your own personal "excuse" for not being able or wanting to be able to compete for the land resource against them (BTO'S). But I ....I....I ...um... use....a..but....some.....a......fertilizer....a...um....???? Pay attention to whom they (BTO) are doing business with and learn to read fertilizer blend sheets. Armed with your new found intelligence, show up when you know they are spreading fertilizer. You will know when they are spreading because the coffee shop crowd will be talking about them. Show up at the retailer and "snoop" a person of average intelligence will have a good answer in less then 30 seconds.

Or is it because I've figured out how to circumvent the ever so worthless local COOP and don't buy my fertilizer needs from the highest priced outlet possible. Yes, I've said it, I am getting a deal on fertilizer. Why? Because I don't see value in 20 people having coffee all day long at MY LOCAL COOP. You can do it also, buy cheap fertilizer and spread it youself. I am thinking of marketing a do it yourself fertilizer kit for $9.99, any takers? So............because you don't see me, you ASSume that I don't use fertilizer?

Ever heard of grid sampling? Get a clue. I've got those for sale as well. Or don't because I don't care.

You guys just don't quit. Last week it was ILFF, this week it's TC, BR and BD or KL, next week???. I will bid a parcel of land until I can't see a profit. That's my business plan, I don't care if I'm bidding against a BTO or hobby farmer. I am using my costs not theirs. If I can't make money then the landowner is doing me a favor by not renting it to me.

I am appalled that most on this board would rather cheer for the failure of some than to use that energy to compete with them.

Words cannot express my anger about vampid rumors. (Hey Curt, better check again, your sources are WRONG.) And by the way I paid your South Dakota State machinery tax. Just now working with my state legislation to tax the holy $hit out of your grain every time I see a South Dakota farmer come into Iowa to farm. Fair is Fair. By the way that 806 and 400 cyclo planter were the best 2500 bucks I ever spent!

Ironically, I got a call from a Farm Manager yesterday, he told me that his former deadbeat tenant didn't pay the rent. So I personally drove him a Cashier's check to keep his Landowner happy and signed a lease. Cheap rent on top of it, just had to pay it. Best was; he Thanked ME for doing HIM a favor! Who says all rent paid is super high priced! That piece has enabled me to pick up 2 more parcels for above market and cost-average them to profitable levels. You see that's how I think.

Edited by Monsatan 3/19/2009 00:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)