AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BTO crash and burns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JoshuaGA
Posted 3/18/2009 23:19 (#649051 - in reply to #647991)
Subject: My opinion (Worth what you paid)

Sumner GA, Located in southwest GA,
Personally I feel like you don't need to overextend yourself. If you are pushed to the limit now, time, equipment, and otherwise, you don't need to rent. If you are comfortable you can work X more acres and do a good job within your current limitations, bid for about that many more acres. If you aren't comfortable with that, just let this pass you by for the time. One other way to look at it could be if your equipment is limiting you now, you could upgrade, WITHIN REASON (no need to double your equipment size), big enough to comfortably manage extra acres, but still keep the investment low enough you could reasonably expect your equipment to either be paid off, or at least made manageable that you could pay it off using your current land base, and be more timely. No matter what, the ultimate decision is one you and the Lord will have to make. If you feel the risk isn't worth the reward, go with your decision and don't look back. Same if the opposite is true. I hope what ever you do, you don't regret it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)