AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speed Queen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 3/4/2020 19:26 (#8082460 - in reply to #8082448)
Subject: RE: Speed Queen

Texas
Tim in WI - 3/4/2020 19:22

My 17 year old Maytag Neptune washer started acting up. Did a little Google research and decided that it wouldn't be worth fixing if it died completely. Sold the set for $150 on Facebook-told the buyer how the washer was behaving and that while it was working for now, might not for long. BUT the dryer was fine.

I had my mind made up that I was going to buy a Speed Queen, then I priced them. I ended up with another Maytag front loader. It seems to do a good job, it's only seen a couple loads. Only been in the house for 2 days.

Quality of the local dealer was the deciding factor. Local appliance shop that actually services what they sell and stocks some parts. Been dealing with them nearly 40 years, I asked them what they recommended as the most dependable and bought the one they said. They had it in stock and would have installed it but they were booked for a couple days and I was impatient. Their price was the same as Home Depot or Lowes or Best Buy.

Was it the motor and/or motor control board on the Neptune that was going out? If I didn’t have the major spare parts for a Neptune, I’d already own a TC5000 Speed Queen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)