AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need road/routing advice east of Idaho Falls, ID
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 3/18/2009 01:12 (#648085 - in reply to #647067)
Subject: RE:Thanks all!

Southeast Wyoming

Russ in Idaho, you should have an email from me (with a mistake as far as the added miles by going through Ogden.)

Badger, I learned a long time ago not to trust computer generated maps/routes.  My MS Streets & Trips (2006) will call a fence line a road in our area.  MS S&T is reporting different miles than Yahoo Maps on-line.

WYDave, I think one of the programs showed that the route was 250 miles longer by going through Ogden - I believe that was vs the northern route through Moran Jct - Jackson.  I think taking US 30 will probably cut off about 60 miles; it looks like the warm weather will allow me to cut off those miles.  I need to check out the area - there may be loads from Felt, ID later; a short cut would save a lot of miles there.

I called ID DOT and was told I need a permit (or two) to exceed 80,000# with my spread axle, even on secondary roads.  It appears that I can buy a permit to legally haul 85,500# even on the interstate, so I'll probably pick that up at the Inkom port when I make the run.  I can run 85,500# in WY (interstate and primary/secondary) without a permit.

Thanks again!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)