AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cancer and sugar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/29/2020 18:10 (#8073900 - in reply to #8073838)
Subject: Typical day

Pittsburg, Kansas
We normally do not eat breakfast any more, but when we do or sometimes we have it for lunch this is what it looks like.

3-4 eggs. Sometimes in an omlet with onions, peppers, mushrooms, cheese and sometimes other stuff. 4 strips of bacon or two or three sausage patties and maybe a couple chaffles (look them up on youtube if you don't know what they are - they are our bread replacement). No toast, no hash browns, no jelly but will sometimes put butter on the eggs. Black coffee or with some heavy cream.

Lunch something light like a tin of sardines and a bag of pork rinds. Might have salami or some other meat instead with no coating or breading. No bread, no potatoes, no starchy vegetables. Mostly meat.

Supper. About a pound of meat of about any type. Maybe some sauerkraut or green vegetables. Chaffles again instead of bread. Sometimes cottage cheese. Usually some cheese. Mostly meat with a good amount of fat. Often an avocado. Radishes are always good.

About 80% of what we eat is meat and eggs.

That is to stay low carb.

Tonight we went out to eat and I had a Kansas burger at the resturant which was two patties of meat about a third pound each so 2/3 pound beef. Cheddar cheese. Bacon. lettuce, pickle and onion. And I had them add a sunny side up egg to the top. No bun, ate it with a knife and fork. Before we went to the resturant we had appetizers consisting of liverworst, hard salami, Gouda and aged Gouda cheese, sliced cucumbers, radishes, avocado. About a 1/4 meal of that because we knew we would not get filled up at the resturant. The resturant is a social activity. Really good burgers though. Oh and water to drink.

Boring? Yep, at least for some. Getting toes cut off due to diabetes complications is much more exciting. I'll take boring.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/29/2020 18:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)