AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cancer and sugar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/29/2020 06:58 (#8072792 - in reply to #8072632)
Subject: more kidney stones

Pittsburg, Kansas
I think there are some of those things that doctors change their mind on periodically based on research papers that come out saying one thing causes this. I know my urologist way back when after my surgery gave me a list of foods to avoid (where now I have heard they don't make much difference anyway) and on the approved list was tea. But on certain web sites tea was a no-no. I ask him about it and he said "they used to say no to tea, now they are pushing it", his words as I remember it. Pushing it.

So I think these ideas change with time based on whatever the current flavor of what the doctors THINK are the cause.

Check out what Dr Ken Berry says about kidney problems. Been a while since I watched some of these but basically, as I recall, some of the recomendations are just expert opinion and are not science based. He reads a ton of scientific literature to keep up on what has been learned. I like his presentations a lot because they are science based and he keeps them short and sweet and to the point.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr+ken+berry+kidney

All I know for sure about the subject is that my lower back pain in the kidney area went away with diet change.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/29/2020 07:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)