AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

computer recommendation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

md.mcwill
Posted 2/29/2020 06:10 (#8072725 - in reply to #8062878)
Subject: RE: computer recommendation

I would go with a powerful laptop. There are several in the Dell line. I have a Dell Inspiron 7400 series at work. The new one will be the HP like the Dell XPS 13. We have had 3 Dell XPS 13 and 1 XPS 15 for home computers. Two of the Dell XPS 13 are 7-8-9 years old and I still use as laptops to watch tv in the kitchen or when I have to go on a work trip. The other Dell XPS 13 & 15 or 1-2 years old. I spend the extra for touch screen, 4K screen, max SSD and memory. Yes that makes them pricey but lasting 10 years and HAVE not had a problem with W10 updates on any of the XPS laptops even the oldest ones. (knock on wood). Microsoft pushes out an update and I get it installed on all 4 laptops.

At work they have bought Dell laptops for a long time. The company went to HP this time. It seems that IT has to learn the differences between the HP and the Dells. They have Dell down pat and are having to learn that HP has differences. Not bad or good, just different.

I normally wait to get the new computer at work until they force me to upgrade. That way I tend to get the newest computer. It is nice to have Dell at work and home. I wish the work laptop had a touch screen. I sometimes jab the work Dell and then realize that it is not a touch screen.

The new (and old) Dells are True color rated and have an app to change the color. When I am buying clothes and I have something I like, I move the browser over to the laptop screen to make sure the color is close to what I want. I had an old Vizio 37" tv monitor and it was horrendous as a color monitor. The new 4K LG is much better on color but can still be slightly wrong on some colors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)