AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

diabetics coming off insulin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/27/2020 05:24 (#8068267 - in reply to #8068242)
Subject: morning test

Pittsburg, Kansas
That has kind of been the line we have been told all my adult life. That diabetes is a progressive degenerative disease. It didn't get better, the only avenue was to try and slow its progression as much as possible by controlling blood glucose levels. I didn't ever imagine I could see the blood glucose numbers I have been getting again on a consistant basis.

I tested my blood sugar another hour after just to see if it had started dropping and was happy to see it was already down to 111 from the 137. This morning at 7am I tested 118. I would still like to see that morning number closer to 100, but after meals and other times I am thrilled with the numbers.

With injected insulin I could easily get the blood sugar numbers down low, but always at the risk of going too low and that is no fun. Up, down, up, down. Now my blood glucose is mostly steady as a rock. Even with a small/modest amount of sugar/carbs last night, the blood glucose spike was almost within normal non-diabetic response.

Once the insulin resistance is addressed (because that is the root problem with high blood glucose levels being a symptom of the problem) the blood sugar levels in my case took care of itself. My pancrease was still able to provide enough of my own insulin to handle at least low carb meals.

Others results may vary. This is just the way it worked for me.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/27/2020 05:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)