AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So thankful for modern medicine and caring medical staff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 2/22/2020 09:45 (#8058323)
Subject: So thankful for modern medicine and caring medical staff

Texas
I’ve been in the group of folks who have had chronic sickness this year. Rarely ever get sick, so it’s quite hard to restrict activities and change daily routines. You have to in order to get well, especially when work requires standing out in dense fog and cold rain showers some days. Stubbornly held off going to the dr because of ranch responsibilities. It got to the point I was either going to leave the ranch voluntarily to recover or risk being hospitalized. One guy was already in the hospital for double pneumonia.

At first I relied on info from a friend’s dr. It helped but still didn’t clear the congestion up. I was also experiencing chronic pain (probably inflammation) from whatever bug or virus or bacteria that has been in my system. It has been in my joints and muscles ever since getting sick a month ago. Mornings and nights especially haven't been fun with the pain. And this is coming from a guy who has been used to muscling through pain and injuries and just having to tough it out all the time and keep working.

The medical clinic I last went to couldn’t get me in right away. Waited a couple days for them to call me back and still hadn’t heard anything. So I sent the dr a message. One of his staff called me to say they could get me in the next day. Sounded good to me. But then because of having not been there in a long time, it was told to me that I now have to be classified as a new patient. That meant I’d have to wait until next week to get in. Ended up cancelling that appointment and going to an urgent care clinic that had been recommended by a relative. Wow, talk about a night and day difference! Not only with how everything was handled at the clinic, but after one injection I’m free from all that chronic pain. Yippee! Now just gotta get rid of the congestion with the antibiotic pills.

Hope this helps spur anyone else out there who is stubborn about putting work first and taking care of themselves last. Or maybe you also just dread going to seek medical help. It’s normal, but don’t let that stop you. Get up and get help.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)