AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ubiquiti Network for WiFi to Shop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

HuskerBeef
Posted 2/23/2020 22:13 (#8061634 - in reply to #8061624)
Subject: RE: Ubiquiti Network for WiFi to Shop

Northeast Nebraska
golfnut - 2/23/2020 22:07

HuskerBeef - 2/23/2020 22:02 Here is the solution that worked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWxAHA5PkdE Thanks TK for the email. I set the Network Mode to Router instead of Station, found my WiFi network and selected it on the Wireless tab. After that setting the Belkin for an Access Point in the shop was a breeze. Up and running smoothly for now.

I didn't watch the video that you linked but using router mode is not what you want if you are setting up a point to point link or using the device to connect to another wireless network and extend it to another building.  By using router mode you are adding additional layer of Network Address Translation (NAT).  That creates lots of headaches eventually.

If that doesn't work send me an email with contact info and I'll call you.  Your handle is HuskerBeef......we're probably not too far apart!

Well bleep...I shouldn't be allowed to touch computers. I'll reset and try setting up one more time like you said. If I can't get it to work in the AM I'll send you an email. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)