AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

washing machine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 2/20/2020 14:29 (#8054763 - in reply to #8054158)
Subject: RE: washing machine

Texas
You might try a scotch brite pad or even hand cleaner with pumice. I’ve never been able to completely get them looking like new again. Usually have to replace the seal when it gets too discolored. On the Maytag Neptune they weren’t all that hard to replace. There’s a thin cable that wraps around the circumference of the seal (it’s on the backside of seal that you can’t see without disassembly) and is held in place with a spring that applies tension. The seal itself is indexed (drain hole and nipple has to line up with small rubber hose) and has rubber protrusions that snap into place. The door has to come off on certain models.

Not sure if the seal is similar on your machine.

Edit: you might want to check to see if your machine has a small rubber hose that attaches to the lower or bottom part of the front seal. If you have indoor pets or wash muddy clothes and it’s never been cleaned out, it could be clogged. I’m not familiar though with the design of your machine.

It appears your machine has parts in common with a number of brands. Without knowing your model number I looked up the Affinity brand and got an OEM part number of 134515300 for the door seal. You can confirm whether or not this is the correct part number by using your model number. It’s pretty simple to change that part out. But can be a little time consuming if you’ve never replaced one.

Edited by Pigpiggy 2/20/2020 17:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)