AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LCHF Keto and Exercise - Necessary? - And Easier Than You Think? 15 Minutes Twice a Week
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/21/2020 11:19 (#8056617 - in reply to #8056450)
Subject: RE: 1 + 1 (low-carb + IF) = 3. 3 + 1 (exercise) = 5. That's the goal...maybe

Pittsburg, Kansas
You are welcome. My only intention on posting is sharing information that has helped me so much and maybe gaining some more like the guy you posted that I had not found.

I have not got to your guy yet to see what he says but I definitly will.

One thing I have learned in the low carb community from several different sources is that exercise is more effective when in a fasted state than on a full stomach. So your guy may be going down a similar path to that message.

A year ago I could not do one pullup. Now I do ten each morning and soon will have to increase it because my goal (after I got my muscles conditioned a little) is to go to failure. Bikman is big on high intensity to failure exercises. Squats, isometrics, body weight exercises. Not a long intensive workout, but just daily "to failure" maximum strength exercises, especially for older people to maintain lean body mass. As we get older maintaining lean body mass is a problem and he recomends those type high intensity exercises as well as get adequate to plenty protein expecially red meat that has carnatine.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/21/2020 11:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)