AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunday snake diet update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dlerwick
Posted 2/17/2020 14:05 (#8047795 - in reply to #8047388)
Subject: RE: Sunday snake diet update

Western Nebraska

Dekalb - 2/17/2020 08:58 Yes a calorie is a calorie. Let’s just use some random numbers here.. if my main meal was a donut and that was 300 calories and I had a protein side of 20g and carb side of 20g and 20g of fat. So let’s say my totals for the donut meal are 300 calories, 25g carb, 25g, protein, and 25g fat. Now I have a steak meal that’s 300 calories. No protein side needed, already have 25g in steak. Now I have a 25g carb and 25g fat side. My total is 300 calories, 25g protein, 25g carb, and 25g fat. Calorie is a calorie

That is not what I said.  Your argument is not the point I was making.  You are making a mistake of assuming that you need to have a balance of carbs, protein and fat.  You don’t.  Furthermore, 100 calories of carbs are going to be metabolized differently than 100 calories of fat or 100 calories of protein.  It involves different metabolic pathways.  That is why the notion that you should eat a set number of calories, regardless of their source, results in obesity.  Thus the comment, a calorie is not a calorie.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)