AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else have low carb dish recipes?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/16/2020 10:46 (#8045161 - in reply to #8045071)
Subject: RE: Anyone else have low carb dish recipes?

Pittsburg, Kansas
A lot of my wifes are just in her head. She takes old recipes and just substitutes low carb substitutions. Sometimes it takes some experimentation to substitute something like coconut flour for wheat flour, because there is so much difference in absorbency.

She uses egg/cheese recipes to make different pasta substitution for noodles or manicotti. We use egg/cheese chaffles for most of our bread substitution although she does make coconut bread once in a while that tastes and texture similar to light cornbread.

I'll see if she has any specific recipes. Go to Youtube and do a Youtiube search for keto recipies and you will get a ton of them, varing actually how low carb they are. But most lower carb than what the SAD would be.

I linked to a lasagne recipe in a thread below that we really like and have yet to run across anyone even non-keto who did not like it. She made Manicotti for last night using a crepe like egg/cheese mixture for the outside pasta substitute and conventional stuffing with creeme cheese, mushrooms, etc what would regularly go into a manicotti. Served 26 people at our get together and everyone raved. It was actually a 5 course dinner where my wife made the one course.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/16/2020 10:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)