AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Back at home!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 3/15/2009 19:34 (#645450 - in reply to #645377)
Subject: Bit of free advise, and worth every penny of it!

Little River, TX

I would probably come into Texas at TexArkana, then take one of the side roads from I-30 to intercept I-35 around Waco. Avoiding Dallas. At Waco you can take US 77 all the way down to the Valley.
If you opt for I-35 get off it at mile marker 304 take the loop on the east side of Temple, TX and then TX 95 down to Bastrop. At Bastrop you have several options, one is a FM 86 down to I-10, If you are set on interstate get on I-37 to Corpus Christi, Then get on US 77.

Just have someone watching for speed limit signs. Many of the towns on the way think they need your money more than you do. Most are broke from taking free Federal Dollars in the past and now they are stuck with a large cash flow. I am sure this is true nation wide!

If you do opt for TX 95 stop in the town of Little River - Academy,
Just past the one traffic light. Go into Gunsmoke Motors and look up Ronny White, the mayor, judge, crossing guard, wrecker driver, and more. Shake his hand and tell him what a great town this is and continue on your way. just tell him this fair city is known all the way to Western Kentucky!

Edited by Hay Wilson in TX 3/16/2009 09:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)