AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

low carb meal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/17/2020 15:13 (#8047941 - in reply to #8047603)
Subject: RE: motorcycles

Pittsburg, Kansas
I have not rode through there in those conditions, but we did leave Seattle too late in the season once and rode through the high desert. Can't remember if it is in southern Washington or northern Oregon. 38-42 degrees and rode through three patches half mile long each of freezing rain where the road was completely white with ice pellets. On a Goldwing fully packed with wife on behind me. And a string of cars and semis wanting to pass us. With road construction so mud ditch the only place available to go other than the road.

Talk about a butt puckering experience. We dropped down out of the mountains and started shedding clothes and by the time we hit Arizona and the desert, we were stripped down as far as modesty would allow and thankful for the 100+ degree heat. The reason we went south via Arizona is to get some heat and also because I had bought Carolynn's first CanAm Spyder and we were going to pick it up at a dealer outside Dallas. Greenberg or something like that. From Texas she followed me home on the Spyder. That must have been 4 years ago.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/17/2020 15:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)