AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

low carb meal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 2/17/2020 09:35 (#8047229 - in reply to #8045611)
Subject: RE: motorcycles

Looks like quite a machine (I googled it).

That's quite a trip on a bike. You went through some of the country we go into every summer - just west of the mountains of Banff and Jasper. I expect to be driving through the Parks in early April on the way to Terrace. It can be spectacular then - as it always is. When you went down the coast of California, you rode one of the highways I used to ride back in the mid-60s. I used to ride over the mountains to Santa Cruz regularly - often after work. The guy I followed as I was learning to ride once won a bet - he rode from Los Gatos to Santa Cruz without touching the front wheel. (He was far from sober at the time.) I had two friends who raced Triumphs at the time (they set up my bike), and they were in awe of this guy's riding. I loved the Triumph. The set-up increased the top end rpm from about 5200 to over 9000 - it didn't really start running right until it hit 3500. I was lucky I survived those days in the Bay Area. Once in two weeks I laid it down on the same curve twice - the second time I was just SURE I could take it at that speed. (G). Young and dumb. This is what would worry me about buying one now - as I age, I am aware of how my brain processes information much slower. After not riding for so long, and knowing the way I used to ride, I'm not sure it would be a good idea.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)