AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snake diet update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/9/2020 22:37 (#8032231 - in reply to #8032215)
Subject: RE: think of a dual fuel engine

Pittsburg, Kansas
Too many things can effect that to know. That is a relative minor range change to begin with.

Let me give you an example. After a meal back when I was on insulin I might hit 230. Oh crap! Too high. Get on the exercise machine for 20 minutes and it is 160. Blood sugar can change minute to minute. Maybe he walked to the mail box the 40 reading and he didn't the 70.

Just like the governor on an engine changes position of the rack as the engine load changes, so does the body regulation of blood sugar. And in a fasted or fed state where we are burning fat for fuel instead of carbs, ketones.

We don't worry about the rack position on the injection pump, only that it self adjusts correctly for the engine load. Body adjusts likewise. Blood sugar, insulin, glucagon, ketones, and lots more adjust constantly according to needs. If you are looking for some linear relation from a single blood stick something that is constantly moving, you are not going to get a logical answer.

Now if a person is wearing continuous glucose monitor, then you could watch in real time how foods affect blood glucose. But you still would not have the answer about any energy coming from body fat. You would only be measuring one fuel type from one fuel source.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)