AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not Again! Is This the Ultimate for Dummies Nutrition Video?- 14 Minutes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/6/2020 11:12 (#8024490 - in reply to #8024321)
Subject: Who is going to believe that bad medical advice and conspiracy theory? (sarcasm)

Pittsburg, Kansas
Lustig is a modern day pioneer along with Dr Steve Phinney and Jeff Volek of Virta Health and others. Banting was a pioneer a hundred years ago. Dr Kraft was the 50's-60's pioneer warning of the problems with high insulin. Professor/Dr Tim Noakes from South Africa and Dr Gary Fetke from Australia. Many others I can't think of at the moment.

Good information has been around 50 or more years but it was squelched out for the "low fat" movement. The last ten years mountains of new studies, good controlled studies, have came out warning us. Guys like Lustig and the group from Virta health been taking care and reversing patients metabolic problems for a dozen or more years.

Surely everyone of us can take our tin foil hat off now? Probably not. The nutrition Titanic will steam ahead for another 10 years before the iceberg sinks it. It just can't turn quick enough to avoid disaster. But we don't have to individually sink with it. There are life boats of information. Watch everything one can in the "Low Carb Down Under" series on Youtube if you want to know the science behind it. Watch Butter Bob Briggs if you just want to know what to do.

If you want to be the last to know, just wait for mainstream media to report about something. They will ignore it as long as possible, anything unpopular, till they are forced to acknowledge it or look completely stupid for NOT reporting on it. Real journalism (on mainstream media) is dead. The advertisers and politics own media reporting, including "news". The fact that a mainstream program is reporting on it means the jig is getting to within a dozen years of being up. Likely will need for the current generation of health professionals to retire (or die off from following their own advice) before any significant mass changes take place. They have devoted their entire carreer to the current dogma (based more on "expert opinion" rather than scientific research). They are not going to give it up and admit their advice has been wrong easily. Or maybe at all. People don't like being wrong and don't like admitting it, me included. But if I am not wrong it means I am perfect, and I'm certain that is not correct. Being wrong is ok. Being wrong and not able to acknowledge it is harmful to oneself and others.

The dogma will persist for another 10-20 years. "Fat=bad, carbs=good", "calories in, calories out".

What they do not say in that report (can't piss off all their advertisers) is that highly refined foods with carbs have nearly the same insulin response as table sugar. Starchy carbs turn into glucose rapidly. "Healthy" fruit is filled with both glucose and fructose. Fruit juice might as well just down the contents of the sugar bowl.

People just do not like to learn new things once they "know" the way it is. Human nature.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/6/2020 12:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)