AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to view a UniFi camera
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 2/5/2020 11:14 (#8022907 - in reply to #8022685)
Subject: RE: How to view a UniFi camera

Central Nebraska

durallymax - 2/5/2020 09:30
andyn269 - 2/5/2020 05:30 Email is good, found a used nvr for 150 but not sure if that best option. Would like to add more cameras in the future
IIRC the NVR is EOL. They come with Unifi Video. There was talk of a way to upgrade them to Unifi Protect, I would assume that you can but you can never assume the obvious with Ubiquiti. The 5TB drive in the CKG2+ I have will hold just over 14 days of 14 1080p cameras (most at 15fps) and one 4k camera all recording 24/7. It has no troubles keeping up but it sounds like somewhere between 15-20 is the max people like to run on one cloud key. In the past some would just add a second cloud key. I'll send you an email.

It is my understanding that Unifi Video is not going to be developed going forward.  I'm not sure if that means no support for the newer cameras or just no additional features.  Their new Protect software is only available on the CloudKey Gen2+.  I have this running at three locations and so far I'm satisfied.  It's very stable.  While I like the flexibility of using the Unifi Video on various platforms, I understand why they are locking down the hardware for the Protect. It is a lot easier to manage one device and software platform and make it stable as opposed to updating and writing software for anything somebody has sitting in their basement.  All my new installs will use Protect.  I may transition a few older installs to it as well if we do hardware upgrades.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)