AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rheumatoid arthritis
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

AsianFarmer
Posted 2/4/2020 10:03 (#8020507 - in reply to #8019727)
Subject: RE: Rheumatoid arthritis

NC Iowa
I've been reading and following some of these health/diet posts lately. Most of which aren't too crazy. In my opinion though, I wouldn't be coming to an online forum to ask for health advice, let alone recommendations for anything as treatment for a health issue. Unless you're a doctor, you shouldn't be prescribing or suggesting any sort of "remedy" or treatment for an ailment. Period. Even recommending or suggesting certain diets gets into that dicey realm of should I give that advice? Should I take that advice? It's not "illegal" to do so, sooooo....??

The health world is fairly open to suggestions when it comes to dieting and healthy eating. Even then, I'd take half (or more) of any of that advice with a grain of salt. (No pun intended) Just because diet XX is working for Jim doesn't mean it's going to work for Joe.

I'm not against diet advice online but seem to see too many people accepting what another says as fact just because it worked for them. I definitely would not suggest taking online recommendations for treatments of RA from some stranger in AT KT.

So the doctor's recommendation didn't work, I'd call the doctor and relay that information to him/her and get on different meds or get a second opinion from a different professional.

I'd just say, be careful on where you go to ask for advice, and for those giving it, be even more careful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)