AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heart disease and CAC scan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/3/2020 06:48 (#8017927)
Subject: Heart disease and CAC scan

Pittsburg, Kansas
If you have not visited this web site, it has some very good information on heart health. It is a non-profit created by an Irish guy that was rich and had heart problems. He wanted the information about how to see if you have a healthy heart diseminated so more people know about it.

It is because of his foundation wife and I got our CAC scan. We paid 40 bucks at St. Joseph hospital in Kansas City (regular price 50 bucks - they had a special at the time). I scored a 1.9 and wife was not terrible but not good at 142. We did an appointment but found out we could have done it as a walk in. It is that simple to get.

So we both had some calcification but the sruprising thing is the numbers were not reversed. I with long term diabetes should have had the higher risk level than my wife without diabetes. But she is sure to have raised insulin levels because her blood sugar, although still in "normal" range, was creeping up. So she was becoming insulin resistant.

Anyway, for 50-100 bucks I would encourage anyone to do a CAC scan. Then you know if you have heart disease started or not. If you know your risk, you have the chance to do something about it. If you don't know your risk, you could be heading for a heart attack and never know you have a problem. David Bobbit, the creator of the IHA, was very physically fit and presumed to be in good shape by all his other medical tests. Yet when he took a CAC his numbers were very high (seems like around 800 or 1000, can't remember). For a small amount of money, a ten minute procedure that produces the amount of radiation about equivilent of getting your dental xrays, you can know if you have a problem or not.

https://ihda.ie/

Check out their web site. Well worth the visit. Well worth getting your CAC scan.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/3/2020 06:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)