AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One type diet does not fit all.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/2/2020 08:09 (#8016090 - in reply to #8013244)
Subject: Eating meat only

Pittsburg, Kansas
I've listened to a few of Dr Shawn Baker's interviews and find his knowledge and responses to questions very astute. He eats an animal based diet.

Over the last year we started eating keto by maxing out what green vegetables we could slip in and stay down around 20 grams carbs. Over a period of months my wife found that the fewer vegetables she ate, the better she felt. So the last few months we have been leaning towards more meats and other animal products and reducing plant based food. She loves mushrooms and onions, so those are tending to be the bulk of the veggies we eat now. Plants don't seem to bother me (other than giving me gas) so I I stil eat some radishes. She offers to put in other veggies for me, but I tell her no, let's just see how we do on a more meat based diet. I had a salad last night at a restaurant along with my tomahawk ribeye, but she just ate the meat. But our own prepared meals have been heavily meat, eggs and cheese lately with minimal veggies.

I'm not promoting anything one way or the other. Just sharing our experiences. If it turns out good or bad, will report it as I see it.

Here is an interview with Shawn Baker. The host is not the greatest, but adequate. As always I never agree with everything someone else has to say. No exception here. But I am able to take from a conversation that I disagree with 90% of what a person says, and still benefit from what the person has to say. I forget at times not everyone can do that. It has to be all right or all wrong for them to accept any part of it.

When I post a video, it does not mean I agree with every single thing they say. It means I think there is value in evaluating at least some of the things they say. The guy seems pretty sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k0vjjiUxa8&t=26s

John

Edited by John Burns 2/2/2020 08:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)