AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

exogenous ketones lower blood glucose levels
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/27/2020 06:04 (#8002986 - in reply to #8002531)
Subject: if you want to understand the root of diabetes type II - weight loss

Pittsburg, Kansas
I'll just drop this in this thread along with the previous highly technical one. This is a two part series interview, Ivor Cummins interviewing Gabor Erdosi. It describes how the digestive system works and signals insulin response as well as other hormones that affect adipose (fat) tissues.

If you really want to understand why low carb works (spoiler - it is as much about the processing of carbohydrates as the reduction) these two interviews will help you understand. By understanding it will help you with your food choices to reverse or cause remission of type II diabetes. Understanding something is the first step to correcting it.

A lot of this may seem way over your head. But bear with it. By the time you get to the end of the second portion of the interview, you will likely know more about insulin response than most GP doctors.

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3mZ-J-12bA

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwO-Uizzx8I&t=850s

These videos will also start to make sense weight loss via low carb. They do not specifically address weight loss, but by understanding the insulin and other hormones response to food it becomes evident why low carb (and other diets) work.

I may have posted these quite a while back. If so appologies. But watching them again I pick up things I better understand now that I did not have the background to understand then. Even though the discussion is highly technical, Ivor is excellent at bringinging it down to where we ordinary mere mortals can understand it. So don't be put off by the technical aspect. There are some very real world suggestinons that can tremendously help type II diabetics. I know it has me, even before I understood the process of how it worked.

In my humble opinion, once a person understands how things work, both positive and negative, towards insulin resistance and diabetes it makes it so much easier to make good choices in what we eat. If we are told to just "eat this and not this" we always wonder if the person telling us that really knows what they are talking about. Or another guru comes along and tells us something opposite. By understanding what is happening with different foods, for me at least, it becomes much easier to say "no thank you" to the foods that I know will damage me and make better choices on the foods that are good for my health. There is science to back up the choices. Not just believing some guru that at the time sounds good.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/27/2020 06:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)