AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bluetooth speakers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/21/2020 08:50 (#7989666 - in reply to #7988978)
Subject: RE: Bluetooth speakers

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I think of Bluetooth as a local radio station where the devices talk back and forth between themselves. Sometime the communication is just one way, in other situations it is both ways. For example I have a bluetooth device in my truck that allows me to talk on my phone hands free. It is not illegal to talk on the phone directly while driving in my state.

This device is clipped to my sun visor and contains both a speaker and a microphone. When a call comes in the device speaks to me in a nice Chinese voice that I have an incoming call. I push a button on the device to answer the call. I can then hear the callers voice on the speaker and talk back which is picked up by the microphone and sent back out through my phone.

Your DeWalt would work something like that except for the talking back part. Your phone would be rebroadcasting the radio station to the DeWalt. You would not hear the radio broadcast on the phone. I believe you would hear of an incoming phone call but would need to walk over to the phone and handle the call normally.

The sound can come from your radio station app or from music you have downloaded to the phone. I have quite a few songs on my phone that I can listen to several ways.

For the two devices to work together a process called pairing must be done. Fortunately usually you only need to do this once. There are usually some instructions with the device instructing you how to perform the pairing process. After pairing has been done, the item will appear in your Bluetooth list on your phone.

Here's a picture of the Bluetooth devices I have paired with my iPhone. The first is my Ford car, the next three are garage door openers and the last is the hands free device I mention above. Not that none of them are connected at this time since I'm out of range of any of them. If I paired my iPhone with your DeWalt it would show up on the list.

Edited by tedbear 1/21/2020 08:55

(IMG_0115[1] (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0115[1] (full).JPG (143KB - 122 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)