AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Option 2 moving hard drive or contents???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Johnienhuis
Posted 1/20/2020 21:55 (#7989140 - in reply to #7988339)
Subject: RE: Option 2 moving hard drive or contents???

Red River Valley and Devils Lake Basin
Hay Hud Ohio - 1/20/2020 16:59

My post just below about moving a program from one pc to another with no hard copy/install disc leads to another possibility....
Is there an easy/ low information way to slave the hard drive from the old into the new ......or......clone the old drive into a partition on the new??? seems like hard drives are huge for what little is on mine. I realize the hardware and all the settings will be different and might cause grief with looking for drivers and set ups that are not there, registry entries will be wrong, and more worms in the can, but would it be worth it? the old pc is till running ok but my history with pc's says it will die someday, and I only have room on my desk for one.
Really all I want to do is run Quicken on my primary machine.

You can just plug in your old hard drive and read the files, but you wont be able use a program on that hard drive because the program isn’t installed with the operating system. So it depends on what you are doing. If you just need access to the files it will work fine. If you need the program to work you will either need to reinstall it or get an updated version of the program.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)