AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Home Brew Bin Controller 4
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

olf20
Posted 1/20/2020 17:53 (#7988456 - in reply to #7987668)
Subject: RE: Home Brew Bin Controller 4

NW ILLINOIS

tedbear - 1/20/2020 09:28

Sounds Good. I dug out my 16 x 2 LCD display yesterday while stuck at home due to weather. Mine is very basic so I don't have any input buttons. I plan on playing with some of that today with external switches and/or a pot for input to some of the unused I/O pins.

I believe I follow your explanation of what you've done so far. Do you have a deadband for the temperature and humidity before the fan status changes. I'm thinking that a simple comparison might result in the fan running for a short time only to stop based on a temperature or humidity change but then start again rather soon.

You may be correct in needing the deadband. The question that popped in my mind how much of a swing is to much?? I don't know that right now. I did think of what you suggest but elected for phase one to just use the
Temp / Humid set point to achieve some degree of deadband.

I'm thinking an arrangement where once the conditions were met and the fan was started that it would continue to run until another slightly different set of conditions were met to stop the fan.

I'm thinking that since the temp/humidity sensor may not be that accurate that some "slop" should be built in to prevent constant cycling of the fan.

Some thing like this. Start with fanpin = LOW. (fanpin is an output that runs the fan relay)

Within the loop, use an If statement something along this line: If (current temp > set temp) && (current humidity < (set humidity) {fanpin = HIGH}. This means that the fan would start when the temperature exceeds the set temp point and the humidity is lower than the set humidity set point. If fanpin was already HIGH it would remain HIGH.

Follow this by another If statement: If (current temp < (set temp - 3)) || (current humidity > (set humidity + 2) ) {fanpin = LOW} This means that the fan would stop when the temperature became 3 degrees colder than the set point or the humidity became 3% higher than the set point. If the fan was currently stopped it would remain stopped.

If my thinking is correct, the fan would start based on the set point for temperature and humidity and would continue to run until either the temperature became unfavorable by 3 degrees or the humidity became unfavorable by 2%. These values may not be realistic but serve as an example.

You are pretty sharp! Your code idea is very close.

I assume you will continue to have a method for manual control.
I envision the unit being enclosed in a rain tight box. On / Off / Auto switch on the front cover. Sound right??

Thanks for your interest and input. Like I said it's phase I. Don't know yet where it goes. I'm hooking is up tomorrow to start testing.

All ideas are welcome!!! Just not sure how far the project goes.

Thanks
olf20 / Bob

Edited by olf20 1/20/2020 17:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)