AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

krill oil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/16/2020 06:05 (#7977584 - in reply to #7976616)
Subject: cholesterol and Dave Feldman

Pittsburg, Kansas
I have linked to Dave Feldman in the past but it has been quite a while back. Ohiohorsewoman you have probably already watched some of his videos. But if not, he has some really interesting stuff on cholesterol.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dave+feldman+cholestero...

This is one of his latest ones presented at a Low Carb conference. Lots of data that at least my heart doctor that wanted me on statins didn't tell me about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDOHw0qhT0A

Funny thing about my heart doctor, once he found out I went out on my own and got a CAC and educated myself about cholesterol, he pretty much shut up about cholesterol and statins and then all of a sudden my 1.9 CAC score (that I gave him a copy of the report) I was all healthy and everything. Even though the previous visit he wanted me to do a stress test in the hospital for thousands of dollars. I did do the sonogram he recomended and it came back great. But I balked at them injecting dye and whatever else they were going to do.

Think if I ever need one again, I will look for a different heart doctor.

Another interesting thing that few know about cholesterol is that the HDL and LDL we hear talked about all the time is not really cholesterol at all. They are the designations for the transports for cholesteral. They contain cholesterol and move it around the body as needed. Every cell in our body NEEDS cholesterol. We NEED LDL transports to transport the lipids as needed to cells. Without LDL we would die. The body produces whatever LDL we NEED. In this video Dave Feldman explains it in laymans terms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LuKwsz9Woc

Ivor Cummins also has an excellent video explaining much the same mechanism. If I run across it again I will post the link.

LDL levels alone are almost meaningless (unless you get the advanced particle count test, LDL is estimated from the HDL and triglicerides, not measured). The HDL to LDL ratio has some value as does the HDL to trigliceride ratio. Also there are later more detailed (and more expensive) test that can count the LDL particles and seperate the damaged from the native LDL. The native LDL we have to have. It is the oxydized and damaged LDL that are the problem because the liver can not recycle and process them. So they hang around in the blood and eventually build to levels that cause problems. What oxydizes and damages native LDL????? Sugar and carbs at high levels that cause high blood glucose spikes. Insulin resistance. The REAL silent killer.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/16/2020 06:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)