AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Accounting software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 1/7/2020 09:48 (#7957489 - in reply to #7956611)
Subject: RE: Accounting software

South Central MN
To answer your question, I tried all 3 and ended up with Centerpoint last year. It was the "fanciest" of the ones I tried, but it also felt like the one that was the most developed and had actually had its user interface updated at least once since the 1990's. Programs like PC mars might be great, but I didn't like the UI because it was so dated. If they can't bother to update the UI in the last 30 years, I question how much security and other updates have also fallen behind. I did really like the looks of Farm Works, but their rates were insanely high unless you are a massive enterprise farmer.

Centerpoint is not a simple program. It took me a while to figure things out and I'm still not there. However, there are a lot of things I like about it. The biggest thing for me that Centerpoint had that PC Mars and Easy Farm didn't are drilldown reports. I can double-click any item in most of the reports and it'll eventually drill down to the entry level screen. Really helps when trying to figure out why things aren't adding up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)