AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Storing digital pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/4/2020 12:21 (#7951024 - in reply to #7950976)
Subject: RE: Storing digital pictures

southern MN
A story.

My brother in law called my wife, said they accidentally erased the thumb drive of 50 family pictures they had scanned and had on an electronic picture frame for their mom. Did we ever make a copy of it?

My wife repeated the question to me, got that blank look in her eye, and told her brother it was their thumb drive didn’t they have a copy or the original scans? Well that was all done 8 years ago, 2 computers ago, etc. no idea. Dang hate to lose those some of the paper pics aren’t around any more are you sure you never backed it up.....

Meanwhile, I knew I had worked with their thumb drive at some point years ago.

I picked up my old old laptop the battery doesn’t work it is 2 laptops ago but yes it’s still leaning in the corner yes I’m a pack rat, plugged it in, got a thumb drive that works in both the usb and iPad connectors.

Scrolled through 114 folders of pictures and found the folder I was thinking of on the 4th try.

There were the pics from that thumb drive of my brother in law.

I put them on my thumb drive, handed it to my wife. She was still on the phone chewing out her brother for not making backups.

She looked at me, made that face didn’t even ask what I had, and said to her brother, here, Paul has them for you.

But, now, I’m remembering where a folder of pictures is by memory from 6 years ago, with literally 5 computers and 2 iPads and 3 portable drives as possible locations for those pics. I remembered right. That time.

That isn’t a good system.

My wife makes that face a lot.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)