AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1680 has a couple problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihman
Posted 11/1/2006 06:39 (#56997)
Subject: 1680 has a couple problems

Bourbon, Indiana
This ol girl is about ready to get traded in if things don't straighten up. We just had the bottom end gone through on the motor (IH) and everything runs good except when going across field or even unloading you can hear what sounds like the rad. fan speeding up and slowing down. for no reason, I've checked the belt tension and their tight no way it could slip, I don't know what it is I'm hearing if it's not the fan.
This next problem could maybe be related, The air screen on the back does not wanna turn as fast as it should, it takes about 1500rpms to get it goin, I've blown the radiater? out and that never helps, took the screen off and inspected and nothing seems wrong, the bearings are good, I"ve adjusted this thing every possible way there is to adjust it, and it still will not run below 1500. When I rev it up to operating speed the alarm sounds for about 10 secs before the screen gets up to speed. Any idears.
Just the other day crusing along running beans I had the AC on real low then all of a sudden the fan quit running, then came back on then back off about every 5secs. I looked at the guages and if was like I was shutting the key off and turning it back on. When I shut off the AC it runs fine. turn it back on, the guages start jumping around.
prob #4. I never have liked this thing in corn, I get so many broken cobs falling on the sieve that I gotta keep my top sieve closed so tight that I can only run 3 to 3.5 mph in 150bu corn (6 row head) I"ve tried every adjustment I can think off and so has the local CIH mech. and they can figure out what is busting the cobs. rotor anywhere from 250 to 450 doesn't make a difference I usually run about 250 beings I only got a 6row head. concave all the way from 1 to 7 neither made a difference althought 1 and 2 ground the corn up a little. fan 1190 fast as it will run have tried slower and just get more cobs. TOp sieve.....if I can get my pinky finger in between the slats the cobs will go out the back if I get my index finger in the cobs go in the tank. Bottom sieve wide open. Back to the rotor it's a standard rotor with the straight bars removed. I do have the green maze bars on the rear (they have notched speperater teeth on them) with disrupters from estes mfg. running standard convaves with every other wire removed.
O.K. this is getting to long and life is to short so, any ideas would be appreciated.

thanx
Brad
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)