AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Microsoft word/excel/others - do you need a subscription?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dko_scOH
Posted 12/18/2019 10:04 (#7915204 - in reply to #7914462)
Subject: RE: Microsoft word/excel/others - do you need a subscription?

39.48, -82.98

I have both Office and -- as of this year -- Office 365.

For $99 per year, I get everything Office offers. Excel, Word, Access, cloud storage...everything. I'm the sort who always have wanted to "own" software. Part of the reason I've given Office 365 a try is that it is always up-to-date. Even if you stay current with the patches to your stand-alone versions of Office, the software itself eventually needs to be upgraded. Total cost of ownership is roughly the same either way. I can install on multiple devices, have 1 TB of cloud storage, can use features not yet in the box version...and it stays updated to latest versions.

Verdict: So far, I haven't noticed any down-side to Office 365. I will stay on it for a while to make sure...but it may be the way I go from now on.

Libre Office -- I want to love it, but it is limited when compared to Office. It is my preferred software for editing SHP dbf files and for a few other tasks. I am a supporter of the open source concept. But its spreadsheet always seems slow and lacks features I've become accustomed to in Excel. Still, can't beat the price -- especially if you wouldn't use Office much anyway.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)