AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Spreadsheets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/17/2019 07:34 (#7912637 - in reply to #7911956)
Subject: RE: Farm Spreadsheets

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I would encourage you to continue to create and use your own spreadsheets. I remember taking a Community Education class led by an Ag Teacher on beginning spreadsheets. He told us that as part of a previous class he had the students create spreadsheets for their own farms. He said that many of the students were very proud of their spreadsheets while he secretly thought they were rather simple and obvious. He said that he then realized that the spreadsheets were very useful because the students were actually using and understanding them.

This was in contrast to the large and some times confusing reports produced by some of the farm accounting software packages. He had observed that although there was a tremendous amount of information in these reports, the farmers often did not understand what it meant.

I use spreadsheets of my own for various farm situations. None of them are mathematically very complex but force me to think through a situation better than having a "canned" program throw out some numbers at me.

Edited by tedbear 12/17/2019 10:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)