AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9750 keeps dieing!!! Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jedeka
Posted 10/31/2006 23:01 (#56914 - in reply to #56900)
Subject: RE: 9750 keeps dieing!!! Help

Boone, Iowa
Any ideas if he is having an alge problem? Did he happen to cut a filter open to see what was plugging the filter? I had problems with something plugging the line right before a shutoff valve by the water separator filter on our 2188. If you take a shop vac to the filler neck on the fuel tank, you can create engough of a vacuum that you will not have to drain the tank. We thought we had something plugging the fitting on the tank, but was OK. We then checked flow out the line coming off of the tank. That was fine, but would not come out of the filter base. We then took apart the line and shutoff valve and found our problem. Check and see if the fuel cap is venting properly. If the cap is not vented, then check for a plugged vent line off of the filler neck by blowing air out the vent hose. I would then start from the tank and work towards the engine. There is probably an electric boost pump and a mechanical pump on the engine that could cause problems. I am not familiar with the fuel system on the Deere combines, but diagnosis of our 2188 should be similar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)