AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2018 Quickbooks and Payroll
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

farm160
Posted 12/16/2019 11:17 (#7910729 - in reply to #7910645)
Subject: RE: 2018 Quickbooks and Payroll

NE Nebraska
From my limited experience (time's I've gotten logged out of my payroll program) it will lock you out of that part of the program. You would also lose your ability to generate the various payroll reports or do W-2's and possibly 1099's.
You could probably do it manually and set up accounts for the various withholdings. This year we've have 9 employees and pay QuickBooks/Intuit $650 for the payroll program annually but don't pay the $2 fee (I simply called in and told them I wouldn't do it and what are my options). I can use the payroll program with 3 different companies. For me the price is worth it as it automatically updates the various tax brackets, keeps me informed on tax changes, tracks garnishments and I can pay some of the various taxes through the program.
FYI I'm part of a "Bookkeeping Side Hustle" group on FB (simply to learn) and I've seen these rates mentioned:
$20-40 extra for each payroll + their hourly bookkeeping fee ($30-50/hr).
$30/time payroll for 1 employee + $2.50 for any additional employees.
$75/month for 1 employee or $150 for 2-10 employees + $2 for additional employees.
Most don't like to do payroll and said their minimum annual fee would be $1000 and others $1500.
Looking at those rates - the $290 plus your time and knowing how it's done is worth it.
Some mention using the program Gusto - I've never heard of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)