AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI Mavic Pro and Pro 2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/11/2019 15:44 (#7901003 - in reply to #7900950)
Subject: RE: DJI Mavic Pro and Pro 2

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
LJCF - 12/11/2019 15:05

DJI's website does a good job of comparing these for you. There is more than a simple firmware upgrade - lots more.

I don't know all about the term "fancy computer and software" stuff - really nothing special. HOWEVER!!!!

Most of the modern drones can shoot 4k and better which creates rather large files. So, if you don't have a computer that can stream and process these files, and a high resolution screen that can actually let you view this level of resolution, your kinda wasting your money.

Sometimes people try to see even 1080 or 4k vid on a older computer and screen and it looks terrible, so assume the drone sucks. Not the case.

Software is only needed if you plan to edit your videos, which can be quite fun. Lots of very good programs out there for less than $100.

Hope that helps.
Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

I found this in the FAQ section of the DJI website:
Question: Compared to the Mavic Pro, how has the Mavic 2 been improved?
Their Answer: The Mavic 2 is an improvement in almost all aspects over the Mavic Pro including camera performance, video transmission, flight time, flight speed, low-noise, omnidirectional obstacle sensing, intelligent functions, and its unique Hyperlapse feature.

Concerning the video review:
The reviewer in the video was referring to what I thought was a high end Mac. My computer is a rather Plain Jane Win 10 machine without a fancy video board and rather modest memory and speed. When you mention that people try to see even 1080 on an older computer and screen - that would probably fit me. Since I'm not really interested in upgrading my computer I guess the Mavic Pro 2 would probably be a waste of capability and money and I should probably investigate a lower end machine.

Edited by tedbear 12/12/2019 07:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)