AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking of switching to Apple
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 12/10/2019 23:23 (#7899883 - in reply to #7898902)
Subject: RE: Thinking of switching to Apple

Texas
What do you use a computer for? Something like that may be ok or it may be totally inadequate. I think all computers are cheap for what they do. I use my computer far more than my pickup. I am smart when I buy one but I am not afraid to pay for quality on something I will use so much. You get what you pay for.

Apples are far more expensive than their PC counterparts but the hardware is much better quality. Since I switched to Apple I buy a new laptop every four years or so and I buy the very best one they offer. I usually spend around 4K on it but I use my computer hours a day in the course of my business and the cost is justified. I run some specialized software that is very demanding and often takes hours or even days to complete the operations. Faster computers are worth it to me. If you just read ag talk and send some emails you certainly won’t need anything like that. To compare them to pickups there are computers that are like a regular cab 2WD ford ranger and then there are computers that are like a 4WD crew cab diesel dually. What you plan to do with it dictates what you need.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)