AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cloud
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 12/6/2019 11:44 (#7890782 - in reply to #7890754)
Subject: RE: cloud

Elmira, Ontario

The cloud is basically computer space owned by someone else accessible through the internet. You're accomplishing exactly nothing if you don't actually know whose computer is getting this stuff and what to do with it. Whose sync program is doing the uploading?

What I accomplish is all my data and picture files are immediately on another computer outside of my house. Saves me from bad results if my hard drive crashes or other catastrophes.

Second benefit is I can look at all those files from another computer or my phone whenever I have internet access. I use that feature all the time. My phone is my photo album but the pictures are actually stored elsewhere.

Third benefit is my calendar, contacts and emails are all stored in the cloud and all my devices have the same lists. I add or edit a phone number on one, and all devices are up to date.

Fourth benefit is my cloud provider has security features that watch for mass file changes. I can get them to roll back the changes if I didn't want them (30 day time limit). If a bad guy got into my laptop and started encrypting everything, I have protection.

Fifth benefit is I can provide secure access for others to individual files, folders, calendars etc according to my wishes.

There's probably more benefits. I happen to use the Microsoft OneDrive cloud services. Others seem to have similar benefits.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)