AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fastest speed you have ever drove a vehicle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Posted 3/12/2009 19:54 (#642065 - in reply to #639421)
Subject: RE: Normal production cars don't go that fast...

Didn't have the horses to do more, 400cid. It was my wife's car.

NOW, if you want to talk street drag, had MORE fun there. If you've seen the movie "XXX", you've seen my 67 GTO minus the L60 rears, three deuce carb, 3/4 race cam, Gabriel Hi-Jackers (air lift shocks) and the illegal header cut-outs. Had a kid that had a Chevelle (I'd have given my eye teeth for) always wantin' to race. His Daddy had spent every cent he wanted in that 396, and the real killer was he had an automatic transmission in it against my old Muncie 4 speed. The night we ran 'em, I think most of the high school was there along the highway (stupid). I know he'd practiced his hole shot all week long. He beat me by half a car length! (Damn) If he was doin' his whole shot right with that automatic, I shouldna been able to touch him. He was so full of himself, he snickered and said, "Wanta run 'em again, it's your reputation ?" I knew he was really cranked. If I could get him excited, he'd set and spin with too much torgue outta the hole.

I said, "Gary, if we run one more time, is the winner Boss?" He bit. He sat in the hole long enough to give me 3 car links. What a night. I never did tell him he had the better car.

Edited by 7150 3/13/2009 23:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)