AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fastest speed you have ever drove a vehicle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

plowboy
Posted 3/10/2009 22:10 (#639463 - in reply to #639348)
Subject: Re: Fastest speed you have ever drove a vehicle?

Brazilton KS

Went to the test and tune night @ the local drag stirp with a bunch of the old autocross friends a while back.  It's about enough to make a guy upset....watching basically stock class modern cars running times which we couldn't touch with a dedicated race car 'back in the day.'  One of the friends has a Camaro about like yours, and he was running low low 13s.  I think his '69 race car ran 14s back then and it was only barely streetable.  Brother's E street prep '84 Z was running mid 14's and it is not streetable...Friend's SS would out run him every pass, but only on the top end.   He could beat anyone to the 1/8th mile, which is all that really matters in terms of accelleration in an autox car. 

Heck, there was a perfectly stock appearing Dodge Magnum running 11's.   A friggin' station wagon running 11's. Something about that just isn't right. 

There was a chick that was about 4'10 and maybe 95 lbs running 10.3s over and over and over on a Honda 600.  She could hardly reach the ground when she was staging it, but once the staging lights lit the throttle was pinned and it was bouncing on the rev limiter until she launched it and it was a long time before her feet were on the pegs.  I think every single pass she made was 10.3something.

I have always enjoyed driving nice performance cars.  That's something I've sort of let go, and I need to get it back!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)