AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3D printer question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

kenabcd
Posted 12/1/2019 13:12 (#7880291 - in reply to #7879289)
Subject: RE: 3D printer question

Cokato MN
I like to wait to see if there is a problem that actually needs to be upgraded before starting work.

Everyone who has one is looking for a project and some may be improvements others, not so much.

Where will you get models? Thingiverse.com works well for some things. I design for a living so I just cobble anything I want if it is not already on thingiverse. My caliper and solidworks are handy for that sort of thing.

If you can get the bed hot enough for ABS, (I think about 90°c) and keep the nozzle at 250° c+, it should print the ABS, it will smell more from the fumes and will want to curl up though. Some people cobble up a little enclosure and that will help stabilize the temp so the ABS will work better. The main reason I still use ABS is because if you dip it in acetone, it will become smooth. If you dip it for more than a second or 2 it will melt though.

There are so many skills needed from basic computer stuff, to modeling, to the thermal process and processing model files, to selecting the correct settings for part geometry and getting it to stick to the bed all the time and print what you want that it becomes a challenge and an education.

Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)