AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Late to the party
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 11/16/2019 23:30 (#7850865 - in reply to #7849487)
Subject: RE: Late to the party

The apps I use the most on my operation are:

1. Microsoft Excel
2. Microsoft OneNote

I think Microsoft OneNote is kinda unique and better than Google or Apple alternatives but the spreadsheet could be easily done with either Google Sheets or Apple Calc.

It's just awesome being able to build a spreadsheet on your laptop and then use it on your phone. That is the ONLY reason I have switched away from Libre Office.

I also use AgSense for monitoring pivots, Farmlogs for checking rainfall, Digifarm for getting my RTK signal, REAP for keeping track of grain through graincarts, Case MyShed for Case parts, AGCO's parts app for AGCO parts and I use Deere MyOperations for walking through the fields and seeing which variety I'm standing it. Will likely be doing that more with AgLeader AgFinity in the future. I also use DropBox and OneDrive extensively for sharing data with computers and other people on our operation. I use Headsight Techlink to update Headsight components.

I use Google maps ALL THE TIME. Do this rather than Apple maps even if you have an iPhone. This way you can share a pin with either an iPhone or an Android user and they can navigate to the pin you share without issue. Google maps seems to make better decisions than Apple maps too.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)