AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

raspberry pi winter project
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/13/2019 06:33 (#7843464 - in reply to #7837833)
Subject: RE: raspberry pi winter project

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have no experience with the raspberry pi but have fooled with the Arduino some for the past few Winters. Mostly I've followed suggested projects using various sensors. I have sometimes modified the suggestions to test my understanding. I have even made a few projects that are of actual practical use.

There are a wide assortment of Shields available for the various Arduino models. The shield is an addon on plug in board that adds various capabilities to the Arduino. I have one that allows communication with the various input/output capabilities of my iPhone. The ability to use the speech, text recognition, on screen keypads etc. of the phone to work back/forth with the Arduino is amazing.

As a farm example I made a system consisting of an Arduino, the phone shield and some relays to turn ON/OFF the sprayer sections on my sprayer. I start the pump and walk back behind the sprayer. I use an onscreen keypad on the phone to turn ON/OFF each section to check for leaks/patterns etc.

The possibilities are endless. Hopefully I"ll get done with this harvest someday and will be able to get back to playing with the Arduino. An Arduino may be more suitable for what you have in mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)