AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

raspberry pi winter project
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 11/12/2019 10:00 (#7841801 - in reply to #7839521)
Subject: RE: raspberry pi winter project

Wi

Here's a quick example program I wrote that might do what you want. It's setup to record the last 6 and average them. Every time the needle prox is true, the slice count from each bale is copied to the next single word data register slot, the current count is copied to the first slot, the average is calculated and then the slice count resets. You could do these for a couple thousand bales if you wanted, but I would probably quit naming them after the last couple. All you'd need to do is change the range in the block copy instruction. You could then export the data later and use excel to view it.

The HMI shows the last 6 bales, average of the last 6, current slice, bale count and allows manual reset of bale counter and slice counter. 

I have not tested this program, I use Productivity more than CLICK so the functions may not operate as I expect. 

The PLC in this program has analog inputs. Its also the ethernet model. The non-ethernet model is $50 cheaper, but by the time you setup a converter for USB to serial, its not a huge savings. 

CLICK PLC

The HMI is a small cheap one. It gets power and communication via RS232 serial cable with RJ12 ends connected to PLC serial port.

C-More Micro HMI EA3

The software for both of these is free, the links to both are below and I attached the files if you want to play with them. If you want to do more than 6 bales, a few things need to be changed. What I should've done was start the bale slice counts at DS10. Currently DS8 and DS9 will screw up the copy instruction if you expand past the 6 currently there. 

CLICK PLC Software

C-More Micro Software

Edited by durallymax 11/12/2019 10:09

(Bale Count Ladder (full).png)

(Bale Count HMI (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Bale Count Ladder (full).png (92KB - 290 downloads)
Attachments Bale Count HMI (full).png (70KB - 287 downloads)
Attachments Bale Counter.ckp (13KB - 267 downloads)
Attachments Bale Count.mgp (326KB - 273 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)