AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

raspberry pi winter project
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 11/11/2019 13:36 (#7840039 - in reply to #7839521)
Subject: RE: raspberry pi winter project

Wi
hydecks - 11/11/2019 09:06

I want to count bales and plunger strokes per bale from a small square baler. Maybe keep a running average of the strokes/bale for the last 3 bales. If this works, I could see adding a humidity sensor also. I think proximity switches on the plunger and the needle arm will allow me to do this, but I need to do some logic to keep track of strokes per bale. Im not opposed to an Arduino if that would be best for this application. I have done quite a bit of programming many years ago in school, and am looking forward to trying to write a program that will do this. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

If you like writing in structured text and want to be a bit cheaper, an arduino or pi would work.

If you want industrial Legos with plug n play sensors, just use a cheap PLC like a Click from automation direct. It's a bit more money but everything runs on 12 or 24 and is more robust for that environment. Writing in ladder is fast and easy. One to just do discrete control is around $100. If you want analog for humidity the price doubles but still isn't terrible. If you want to see it in real time they sell a $99 EA3 HMI that will talk with it. Doesn't take any programming to make it work, just select protocol and import tag database.

I'd probably use inductive prox sensors on the arms if possible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)