AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone have a high end home network?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 11/2/2019 10:08 (#7824353 - in reply to #7821135)
Subject: RE: Anyone have a high end home network?

Central Nebraska

When I built my home 8 years ago I ran about 5,000 ft of CAT5e cabling and have multiple network drops in nearly every location a TV or computer might end up.  I've initially put a couple cheaper switches in and used a custom Untangle router and a single Linksys AP and  I had poor coverage and performance.  About two years after we moved in our local telephone cooperative installed fiber to all its customers.  I've since upgrade my switchgear all Ubiquiti.

USG Router
24 Port POE Switch
48 Port Switch
3 UAP AC Lite Access Points
Cloudkey

I have about a dozen Nanobeams pointing to the top of a grain bin where I have an antenna array providing network service to irrigation well locations where I have Ubiquiti Cameras monitoring drip oil.  I also have security cameras and access points in my shop and at my bin site.

I have several customers who were originally running lower end switchgear and were struggling with maintaining stable connections to storage and server devices.  Once we installed Ubiquiti switchgear the entire network performed better.  Anymore I won't install anything but Ubiquiti or HP Procurve switches unless its a simple home device.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)